Friday, July 30, 2010

A European Twist on Toasted Cheese Sandwich

I had the most amazing sandwich today. It was heaven on a baguette and now I want to make it at home. This is a fresh and deliciously yummy summer meal that is both simple and light in fare. However, rather than wait until I can obtain the ingredients I snagged a photograph off the Internet to show you what I'm talking about. It doesn't do the sandwich justice, but it's the closest image I can find.
French Quarter Baguette

Ingredients:

* French Baguette
* Fresh tomatoes
* Brie cheese
* Fresh mixed greens


1. Take the bread and slice down the middle like a sub. The length can be anywhere from 4-12" depending on the amount of sandwich you wish to have. Toast lightly.

2. Slice tomatoes and brie cheese. Layer in between the bread.

3. Serve with mixed greens on the side or tucked in with the tomatoes and cheese. Extra twist is to add a very light vinaigrette to the greens.

* Note the hotter the bread and the longer you let the cheese sit will allow for some melting or softening of the cheese.
Bon Appetite!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

THAT looks fabulously yummy, S! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

yummy! I'm visiting from over on Offering Hospitality. Is this considered a caprice sandwich?