Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kitchen Gadgets



As I was making my menu and shopping list this week, I realized that I don't own a basting brush mentioned in one of my recipes. This got me started on jotting down a list of kitchen gadgets that I don't have and would like to own. For example, wooden spoons, potato masher, basting brush, etc. Some of them are pretty basic and I'm actually kind of shocked that I haven't needed them in the past 7 years. What kitchen gadgets do you own, want or can't live without? I'd love to hear your recommendations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest the Pampered Chef? Their products are well loved, well known for their durability and quality, and you can earn them free by hosting your own cooking or catalog show. You can go to their company website to find a consultant in your area. One product of theirs I particularly love is the Mix 'N' Chop. It's made from silicone and has beveled edges so you can use it to chop up meats and things while you're cooking them -- without scraping your pans! Check it out at www (dot) pampered chef (dod) com!

Amanda said...

I don't know how I ever lived without a hand grater. No more mincing garlic, I just grate it right over the pan. Love it!

Alison said...

Crista, I have the mix 'n chop. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

Amanda, Now I'll have to look into a hand grater...mmmmm.