Friday, June 25, 2010

CSA Boxes

Have I mentioned how much I love my CSA box? Here are five reasons why:

1) I truly hate gardening. I grow a few things in pots but I don't like bugs and worms and the feeling of dirt in my hands has never done anything for me.

2) I make too many decisions (especially menu decisions) already. My mind is on overload and it makes me tired. Weekly someone decides what vegetables (and usually one fruit) I am going to eat that week. I can build the rest from there.

3) I get to try things I never would. Kohlrabi is great with hummus. Beet greens work nicely in soups and stir frys. My kids LIKE sugar snap peas.

4) I'm helping a local farmer grow healthy food within 10 miles of my home.

5) My family is eating organic, vitamin-laden yummy food.

For CSAs in your area, go to Localharvest.org.

No comments: