Monday, June 28, 2010

Because I Made It For Lunch...

...and everyone loved it. It's hard to mess this up, and the carnivores in my life think it's super tasty. And I think it's fast and easy!

I give you Pioneer Woman's "Marlboro Man’s SECOND Favorite Sandwich."

It's an early recipe of hers and shockingly contains no butter!

Ingredients

* 4 chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness, 1 per person

* 12 slices bacon, pieces sliced in half, probably 4 slices per person

* 4 rolls or hamburger buns or bread, or none at all

* lemon pepper seasoning – I used Pappy’s.

* sliced cheese – I’ve used Havarti and Colby

Directions

1. Cook cut in half bacon strips as crispy as you like them. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Pour off all grease, except for about a tablespoon.

2. Liberally sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with lemon pepper.

3. Add chicken breasts to pan and cook covered about 4 minutes.

4. Flip chicken and lay desired amount of bacon strips across the breast; add sliced cheese over bacon. Cover pan and allow cheese to melt thoroughly.

5. Serve chicken on roll/bun, whatever bread you want. You can have it plain as an entrée or make it into a sandwich with a little mayonnaise.

Enjoy! I promise I use recipe sources other than The Pioneer Woman and will share them soon!

No comments: