Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cranberry Chicken

We are finally moved into our new house, but are still living in a sea of boxes and stuff. We moved on the hottest day of the year so far. (100 degrees and humid, 112 heat index) I don't recommend moving at all!! Right now I have no internet, cable tv, or a fridge in my kitchen. (We're using the mini fridge in our family room until the fridge is delivered.) All that to say, eventually I will be back to posting more often. In the mean time, here is a post I drafted a few weeks ago.


I came across this recipe on another cooking blog I read occasionally. I have yet to try it since my husband isn't thrilled with fruit based meat sauces, but several friends have and say it is very easy and yummy.

Cranberry Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Garlic salt and pepper, to taste
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 C Dorothy Lynch salad dressing (substitute french or catalina dressing if you don't live in Nebraska where Dorothy Lynch dressing is made)
1 packet dry onion soup mix

Grease a 9×13″ pan. Place chicken on the bottom of the pan and season with s&p. Combine cranberry sauce, Dorothy Lynch and onion soup mix; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 to 1.5 hours. Remove foil halfway through cooking time. Can be a freezer meal. Mix everything together and pour over chicken breast in a zip lock bag. Thaw and pour into pan, bake accordingly.

1 comment:

Sarah M. said...

Since I couldn't find Dorothy Lynch dressing I substituted Catalina and it worked well. We really enjoyed this recipe and will make it again.