Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Orange Chicken

I came up with this recipe and was told it was a Top Ten by my husband.



















  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 C Blood Orange Jam (available at World Market)*
  • 2 T white wine (I use Charles Shaw chardonnay available at Trader Joes for 2.49) 
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
*Orange marmalade could work but I haven't tried it.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly. Remove from pan. Add jam, wine, and garlic to pan; bring to a boil. Cook sauce 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and return chicken to pan, long enough to coat with sauce. Serve with rice. (I use brown basmati) Serves 4.

No comments: