Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry


Recipe coming soon. This is what happens when I have the picture and recipe in two different locations!
Here you go. My comments/adjustments are in parenthesis.
1 c. uncooked rice (optional, I ate the stir fry alone. Nathan had noodles with his.)
2 T. vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
(I used boneless skinless chicken tenderloins since they were cheaper and saved me cutting time.)
2 medium red bell peppers, cut into thin strips (I used just one pepper.)
1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces (I used one bundle.)
1/2 c. stir fry sauce
(I tried to pick out the most authentic looking bottle of sauce in the Asian foods section of the grocery store, rather than going with a common brand. I was skeptical about 1/2 c. of sauce being enough, but it goes a long way.)
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Keep hot.
2. Heat oil in wok or large skilled over medium-high heat until hot. Stir fry chicken 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
3. Stir in bell peppers and asparagus; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once or twice.
4. Stir in sauce. Serve immediately with rice.
Makes 4 servings, or enough for 2 people if hungry/eating without rice.
Prep and cook time, approx. 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is called a teaser....It looks so good. Where is the recipe?

And thank you for keeping this blog alive!

the Joneses said...

This looks very yummy! And easy, which definitely scores bonus points.

-- SJ